Brewing beer is an amazing hobby because there are so many different
methods you can use to make your home brew. Whether you are using a
2-gallon fermenter and naturally carbonating in 1-liter bottles or you
are using a 10-gallon fermenter and force carbonating 5-gallon kegs, the
end result should always be great tasting beer. With Mr.Beer® you need
only a few things to make some of the most amazing beer you have ever
1) Brew Keg -- The brew keg is where fermentation occurs, turning sugars into alcohol.
2) Hopped Malt Extract (HME) -- Mr.Beer® HMEs contain all the essential ingredients needed to make beer- malted grain in extract form and hops, plus they include a dry ale yeast packaged under the plastic lid. All you add is water.
3) Booster™ or Unhopped Malt Extract (UME) -- These ingredients add the additional sugars to create a higher amount of alcohol. Booster™ simply adds the required sugar for higher ABV, and UMEs add the required sugar and additional flavor.
4) One-Step™ Sanitizing Cleanser -- The most important key to making great beer is proper sanitization. OneStep™ assures a sterile environment every time you brew.
5) Bottles -- In order to carbonate, store and serve your beer you will need bottles. Mr.Beer® sells 1-liter PET bottles that are perfect for bottling your beer.
When you purchase a Home Brewing Kit from Mr.Beer®, all the essential ingredients you will need to make your first batch of beer will be included along with a brewing guide that contains much more detailed information about the beer making process.